Monday

Market Musings



Sunday the 2nd of August was filled with people, colour and atmosphere, at the market, in Hobart. I really enjoy meeting old and new customers, and it's so great to get firsthand feedback on my product.

But aside from the sales, one of the best things about being a stallholder is the other stallholders. There were so many lovely people there yesterday, that I want to share with you their amazing talents.

Here are some of my favs, in no particular order. Feel free to follow their links, you may surprised what you find. Christmas (!) isn't that far away, wouldn't it be good to buy your loved ones a handmade gift this year.

It was great to sit next to the lovely Edwina, of Little Snoring, who makes amongst other goodies, quirky triangle cushions. Edwina makes patchwork look fun and funky! Her stall is always so appealing, and filled with an eclectic and interesting assortment, she makes the cutest pandas!

Narelle, from Ruby Victoria Letterpress, makes the most beautiful and elegant stationary with her letterpress, if you want something special and unique, she's the gal. She's also incredibly reasonably priced! Her lino prints are just stunning.

Anna from Nevanna Designs has gorgeous and bright quilts, cushions and wall hangings, for children's rooms. Lots of fun, the fabrics are high quality, and perfect if you want to re-decorate with style.

Natures Path sell the most beautiful handmade soap, made with Tasmanian grown olive oil, that you will ever find. My favourite is the 'castile' soap, it's so gentle. Every ingredient is chosen for a reason, and there is an honesty, and purity to their products. I'm must admit, I'm becoming addicted! They also sell organic teas, and I'm sure if there soaps are anything to go by, they would be delicious.

Rosie from Notions, has the most gorgeously packaged brooches and bookmarks. I love the way Rosie puts everything together, her display is well thought out, and delightful to look at. Her range, and ideas change frequently, but always peppered with fun.

Rebecca Roth , a multi-talented lass this one, who not only has a hand in running our lovely market, but makes, and moulds the most amazing resin jewellery I have ever seen. The colours are bright and clear, reminding me of seaglass, or lollies.

Lauren, who I met for the 1st time, has Owlet, and creates sweet and gentle clothing for wee ones. I really like her style, and her fairtrade clothing is so soft.

Hideyo take origami to a whole new level. Their stall 'looked' serene, but was actually a hive of activity as people madly flocked to buy their single stemed flowers! Stunning.

The highlight of the day, was when Amber from Fresh Fabric Australia, who I had dealt with online, came and introduced herself, over from the 'mainland' for the weekend. It was lovely to meet her in person, and she saw her fabric being put to good use!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Luisa

    Lovely to meet you too! I think our stalls went well side by side. It was a lovely market - I am already looking forward to the next one,

    best
    Edwina

    ReplyDelete
  2. just found your blog via etsy / DUST forum... have a look at mine if you like ... I have the highest admiration for you!!! scroll through my blog and look at my dismal teepee attempt!!!
    cath

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is appreciated.