Monday

Ginger Tea


I'm sipping on warming ginger tea today, in the hopes I can shoo this cold away.
I'm too lazy to use a teapot, so I just roughly chop up some fresh ginger, and top with boiling water in the cup. 

There is a wide range of benefits of ginger such as nausea, digestive problems, circulation and arthritis. Nausea caused during pregnancy or by travelling is one of the benefits of ginger root. Ginger is also known to have the ability to calm an upset stomach and to promote the flow of bile. Stomach cramps can be eased and circulation can also be improved. Ginger supports a healthy cardiovascular system by making platelets less sticky which in turn reduces circulatory problems.
Ginger oil used for massage can help relieve painful arthritis due to its anti-inflammatory properties. Ginger is often included in many herbal decongestants and can help to minimise the symptoms of respiratory conditions, colds and allergies.'


How was your weekend everyone?

I had a great time yesterday, my lovely hubbie often lets me go off and dabble in some 'new found interest' - this time it was with power tools!
I got to familiarise myself with drills, a drop saw, (that was awesome!) jigsaw, and sander.  I have to admit of being scared of power tools, that is up until yesterday, and now I feel like it has demystified them somewhat.  My favourite was the hammer drill!  Thankfully we had a very safety conscious tutor.
x

2 comments:

  1. Such a lovely brew. I have been drinking more ginger tea as of late as my heartburn is pretty bad and I still get waves of nausea- ah the joys of pregnancy! Lots of love to you and hope you're keeping warm! xo m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I too am on the Dottie Angel challenge and noticed your comment under her button Isn't it surprising how a year goes so quick!!! And who knows The Ultimate Challenge may be here to stay. I am certainly being challenged!
    Have a good week,
    Val

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is appreciated.