Friday

a little itty bitty mention about me in THE country mag Australia loves.

Last week I saw a post from Natalie on facebook who owns a gorgeous little shop in Penguin, on the north-west coast of Tasmania.  It's a bit of a sea-change kind of place, I haven't visited the place for ages, but it's right on the water, and probably a bit trendier and sought-out than it used to be when I was growing up a couple of towns over.   So Natalie's shop is called Nest, and I was terribly excited for her, when she mentioned that her shop would be in the magazine, Country Style (Australia).
COUNTRY STYLE!  The one I buy every month.  The one magazine that I drool over pictures and places that I long to visit.  The one that features styling by Sibella Court.  The one that keeps me falling in love with this wonderful Australian country, over and over again.  With photos that seem timeless and reachable.  The one magazine I have trouble chucking out.

So, I rush off  to buy the December edition, that very day.
(I had sent another edition of this mag in a blog swap last year to the UK.  It seems the British like our country magazines, and we like theirs.)

Sorry this is turning out more rambly than I had anticipated, partly because I haven't done a 'proper' post in ages, and I'm getting warmed up, or maybe I'm just providing you with a build up!



So I get home, and flicking through in joyous excitement, I finally land on Nat's feature.
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.  I noticed it. Oh. Oh! A bunting that Nat bought from me is hanging up in her shop window....and as I glean over the words I see my business name got a mention.
(You need to visualise some sort of squealing and jumping up and down on the spot now!!)
I'm not the sort of person who goes looking for publicity.  I'll happily sit in front of my computer screen, and post away on facebook, or here, attend the odd market or four throughout the year, and that's about it.  This is my first time.  I know it's only very little.  But I'm a happy bunny.  And I am so very happy for Nat, because it's her BIG first time.  In Country Style!!


You see the cover with that gorgeously decorated Christmas tree?
They are grown here in Tasmania!




4 comments:

  1. I've had a copy of Country Style in a magazine swap, and it is indeed wonderful! There are some magazines I can read again and again, and it's one of them. So how fantastic to feature in it! I'm so pleased for you, and for your friend's shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay You!
    Something to be immensely proud of!
    (I would be squealing too)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luisa, I'm so happy for you ... it's simply the best magazine which I buy as often as funds permit have the January edition but missed out on the December one but hopefully will find one very soon!
    may the new year bring you all good things ...
    Barbara :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!!! Good on you Luisia, hope it brings lots of ales your way. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Your comment is appreciated.