Monday

Snowpea Handmade

I'm not really in a big bragging blogging mood for this Monday's post.  I have no thrifty or handmade items of my own to share...and we'll it would get a bit boring if I only showed you my stuff. (yes it's hard to believe but I think even I am tired of op shopping!)
So I thought instead I would introduce you to a fabulous maker of the most gorgeous felt products you are likely to see this side of Antartica.
And it's good to be able to showcase a little of some else's work.
If you haven't seen or heard of Snowpea Handmade, you need to know!
I was fortunate enough at the inaugral Handmade Hobart last year, to have stall next to Sophie who started the business.   I fell immediately in love with her work, but not only is her product beautiful she is a really, really nice person!  How good is that!  She has recently joined forces with her friend Lisa to make more felted loveliness.   
They will be around the handmade market scene this year, check out their blog for dates.   You will know their stall by the bright colours, and smiling faces.

Here are some of their beautiful pieces....



Here is Sophie in front of a beautiful wall hanging.


Isn't this beautiful?...believe me, these vests are even more detailed, and interestingly textured in real life.

  

Neck scarf, I have one of these in blue, and I love it!


Floaty, feminine silk and wool scarf.

Sophie and Lisa have a Made It store, but I'm sure if you couldn't find what you were after, and can't get to a market, they would be happy to make something to suit....they are very approachable lasses. 
What I particularly like about their products,  is that many of their clothing items are quite cross seasonal, and would suit the shoulder seasons of winter.   
I wish them great success around Hobart and anywhere they choose to grace their floaty felted pieces to!

I hope you all had a relaxing weekend....we went to the Middleton Country Fair on Saturday, it's been great weather, and I hope it continues...days are starting to get noticeably shorter, which makes me a bit sad....
oh and I will have some cute piccies to show you soon of the newest member of our family. (that will keep you guessing!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is appreciated.